Growth spurts. Intense friendships. Cliques and bullying. At this age, kids deal with everything from peer pressure to stress to teamwork. This kit gives education professionals the tools to help students use their developing logic and reasoning skills to understand their options in an increasingly complex social and emotional environment. Connecting to shelter pets provides insights into leadership and encourages empathy while helping children find ways to step outside themselves and make a difference.
Grades 4 – 6 (Digital Access Only)
New Digital Lessons
- Digital version of every lesson included in the printed binder
- Interactive presentations to use on your whiteboard, generating lively discussions and whole class interaction
- Links to videos and external sites that expand the breadth and depth of lessons
- Online games and activities
- Online crafts
- Digital lessons can be shared with up to 5 colleagues
All applications of our Curriculum are organized around five themes that reflect key principles of social and emotional learning and resiliency. Each theme consists of five core-based lessons, starting with basic concepts (such as identifying one’s own feelings) and progressing to more complex ones (such as taking another’s perspective). By design, concepts are reinforced across themes and incorporate both repetition and expansion.
- Achieving Awareness
- Finding Feelings
- Encouraging Empathy
- Cultivating Cooperation
- Dealing with Decisions