This is learning prime time, the magical period when children begin to discover their individuality, explore their emotions, and relate more deeply to others, including animals. They learn to take turns and share. And they develop empathy and curiosity that support social-emotional and academic learning. It’s also a period of imagination and independence, with both negative and positive consequences. Using the child’s spontaneous affinity for shelter pets, this Curriculum Kit supports positive growth and compassion inside the classroom and beyond.
Grades Pre-K – 3 (Digital Access Only)
New Digital Lessons
- Digital version of every lesson included in the printed binder
- Interactive presentations to use on your whiteboard, generating lively discussions and whole class interaction
- Links to videos and external sites that expand the breadth and depth of lessons
- Online games and activities
- Online crafts
- Digital lessons can be shared with one other colleague – this can be done in MY ACCOUNT
All applications of our Curriculum are organized around five themes that reflect key principles of social and emotional learning and resiliency. Each theme consists of five core-based lessons, starting with basic concepts (such as identifying one’s own feelings) and progressing to more complex ones (such as taking another’s perspective). By design, concepts are reinforced across themes and incorporate both repetition and expansion.
- Achieving Awareness
- Finding Feelings
- Encouraging Empathy
- Cultivating Cooperation
- Dealing with Decisions