NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for the 2022/23 The Mutt-i-grees® Global Student Ambassador Program. A service learning, leadership opportunity.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023
The Mutt-i-grees Global Ambassador Program combines Humane Education with Service-Learning. Students are able to examine the systemic injustices of both humans and animals and collaborate with peers to embrace actions that can change the systems surrounding the abuse or need. The last year and a half, especially, has been difficult for humans and animals alike. Service-learning activities can help to create change and improve lives through personal actions and educating others. There’s no better time to reach out, join in, and reimagine who you can be and what you can do.
- Leadership experience and service learning
- Collaborate with animal shelters to save animals and encourage pet adoption
- Gain experience from unique projects – volunteer work, STEAM initiatives, SEL programming, digital communications, social platforms, and pet adoption events
- Connect with students from across the country during Ambassador Town Hall meetings
- Acting on their passion for animals
- Creativity and empowerment for good
Our program engages and recognizes students who want to advocate for shelter animals. It demonstrates to students that at any age you can make positive change happen. An educator must sponsor a student to participate. Throughout the academic year, Ambassadors work on various animal welfare and humane education projects of their choosing, with a goal to inspire other students and community members. Each Ambassador’s school receives a $500 honorarium for expenses incurred for their advocacy efforts. The appointment is for one academic year (students may re-apply in subsequent years).
Once accepted, the requirements for Student Ambassadors are as follows:
- Submit a Mid-Year Report – Due February 1, 2023 describing their efforts to date.
- Submit a Year-End Report – Due May 15, 2023 describing the impact of their initiatives.
- Please include photos*, which may be used for social media, TV and press releases.
- Reports and photos should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line: Student Ambassador.
- Follow Mutt-i-grees social channels, share content, and post with appropriate tagging. All posts for Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter must be sent to [email protected] upon execution and as part of their reporting.
- Participate in one or more of North Shore Animal League America’s virtual programs such as Walk & Wag or connect with your local shelter. Contact [email protected] for information and support.
In order to be selected, the student must be sponsored by an educator who is affiliated with the Mutt-i-grees program at his/her school, library, or other program site.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
This program is made possible by a grant from the Graham Family Foundation.
*All photos should be high resolution (image size recommended: 6” x 9” at 300 DPI). Subjects need to have a signed photo release.