Meet a Mutt-i-gree
Members of the Mutt-i-grees Canine Corps are redefining the term ‘working dog.’ The teaching Mutt-i-grees featured below are now in many schools for most of the week. They help promote a positive school climate, lend an ear to students practicing reading skills, join counselors working with children emotional difficulties, mediate behavior problems, and help developmentally disabled students. When they are not working, members of the Mutt-i-grees Canine Corps are busy greeting parents, getting hugs from students, and hanging out in the school library or media room. Some even accompany staff on speaking engagements promoting the Mutt-i-grees Curriculum. Their teacher handlers are reporting that by day’s end, these dogs are exhausted!
If you currently use a dog in the classroom and would like to share your story, please click here to submit your story. Be sure to attach any photos you may have. Once received the content will be reviewed and may appear on this website.
Meet a Mutt-i-gree
- Meet Henry, a cat rescued by Robin Rodriguez's class at Fenton Primary Center in Pacoima, CA
- Meet Dixie: The New Dog on Campus at South Side Bee Branch in Van Buren County, AR
- Meet Simba and Turtle, two puppy mill rescues
- Meet Dixie, the newest student at South Side High School in Bee Branch, AR
- Meet Lady, a star pupil at Cesar Chavez Elementary School in Oklahoma City, OK
- Meet Shelby, the Shell Bank Intermediate School Mutt-i-gree®
- Meet Lainey, a Mutt-i-gree Who Loves to Listen
- Meet Victoria, a Puppy Mill Survivor
- Meet Memphis, the Mutt-i-grees Library Assistant
- Meet Kayla, who is now available for “paws-on” demonstrations!
Hartford, CT – St. Augustine School
- Meet Bear, he loves coming to school and helping teach
Mutt-i-grees® lessons -
Clinton and Shirley Arkansas Schools
- Meet Sally! -
Shirley High School - Arkansas
- Meet Tripp who is in training to become a therapy dog -
South Side Bee Branch Schools - Arkansas
- Meet Henry Wrinkles, a fun loving, hard working therapy dog -
Paragould, AR – School of the 21st Century, Paragould School District
- Cinderella Libow, affectionately called Cindy, is a very special
Mutt-i-gree dog -
Haverstraw, New York – Gerald Neary Elementary School
- Roxie is a 7 year old dog owned by Susan Picking -
Meriden, CT – Benjamin Franklin Elementary School
- Jeter - Our Mutt-i-gree Extraordinaire! -
Lake View Terrace, CA – Fenton Avenue Charter School
Would you like to share your "Meet a Mutt-i-gree" experience? Click here to submit.