NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for the 2019/20 The Mutt-i-grees® National Student Ambassador Program. A service learning, leadership opportunity.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
The Mutt-i-grees Ambassador Program engages and recognizes students who want to advocate for shelter animals. It demonstrates to students that any age you can make positive change happen.An educator must sponsor a student to participate. Throughout the academic year, Ambassadors work on various animal welfare and humane education projects of their choosing, with a goal to inspire other students and community members. Each Ambassador’s school receives a $500 honorarium for expenses incurred for their advocacy efforts. The appointment is for one academic year (students may re-apply in subsequent years). In order to be selected, the student must be affiliated with the Mutt-i-grees program at his/her school, library, or other program site.
Once accepted, the requirements for Student Ambassadors are as follows:
- Submit a Mid-Year Report – Due February 1, 2020 describing their efforts to date.
- Submit a Year-End Report – Due May 15, 2020 describing the impact of their initiatives.
- Please include photos*, which may be used for social media, TV and press releases.
- Reports and photos should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line: Student Ambassador.
- Follow Mutt-i-grees social channels, share content, and post with appropriate tagging. All posts for Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter must be sent to [email protected] upon execution and as part of their reporting.
- Participate in one or more of North Shore Animal League America’s national outreach programs such as: Tour for Life®, Pet Adoptathon®, KittenBowl Parties, Walk & Wag or a rescue to connect with your local shelter. Contact [email protected] for information and support.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
*All photos should be high resolution (image size recommended: 6” x 9” at 300 DPI). Subjects need to have a signed photo release.