NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for the 2018/19 The Mutt-i-grees® Curriculum National Student Ambassadors Program
Extended application deadline: October 22, 2018
The Mutt-i-grees Curriculum National Student Ambassadors Program was established in 2014 to identify, engage, and recognize exceptional students who want to advocate for and help raise awareness about the plight of homeless animals – Mutt-i-grees.
An educator can sponsor a student to participate in this service learning, leadership building opportunity.
Mutt-i-grees National Student Ambassadors spend time throughout the academic year working on various animal welfare and humane education projects of their choosing, with a goal to inspire other students and community members. Elected Ambassadors receive a $500 honorarium, which is sent to their school to be used for activities, materials, and other expenses incurred in connection with their humane advocacy efforts. The appointment is for one academic year (students may re-apply in subsequent years). In order to be selected, the student must be affiliated with the Mutt-i-grees program at his/her school, library, or other program site.
Once accepted, the requirements for Student Ambassadors are as follows:
- Submit two student reports describing their efforts to-date, with the impact of their initiative. Please include photos*, which may be used for media and press releases. Reports and photos should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line: Student Ambassador Report.
- Mid-Year Report – Due February 1, 2019
- Year-End Report – Due May 6, 2019
- Follow Mutt-i-grees Curriculum social channels, share content, and post with appropriate tagging.
- Support local shelters when participating in national outreach programs such as North Shore Animal League America’s Tour for Life®, Pet Adoptathon®, and KittenBowl Parties. Information to be provided.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
All photos should be high resolution (image size recommended: 6” x 9” at 300 DPI). Photos require photo releases of subjects.